DC will celebrate Mardi Gras this Tuesday, February 12, with a celebration in Adams Morgan. From 6:30 until 10 pm, there will be marching bands, dancing and other festivities throughout the neighborhood.
Three live bands — including LaRue Horns, ZeZe Brasil Samba School and Alafia Dancers & Drummers — will perform at five different venues along 18th Street and Columbia Road. If the weather holds, music will also be performed on the street to highlight the neighborhood’s new streetscape design.
The five hosts for the Mardi Gras celebration are:
- Bossa DC, 2463 18th Street NW
- Chief Ikes Mambo Room, 1725 Columbia Road NW
- The Grill From Ipanema, 1858 Columbia Road NW
- Rumba Café, 2443 18th Street NW
- Jack Rose, 2007 18th Street NW