This week Mary the Borderstan Movie Fan offers some suggestions for movie rentals during the Christmas season. Her column runs every two weeks.
Other Reviews by Mary
– “Precious” and “The Blind Side” Tell Some Hard Truths
– Borderstan Movie Fan: Children’s Movies for Grandparents, Part 2/Older Kids
– Borderstan Movie Fan: Children’s Movies for Grandparents (Part 1)
– High School Musicals
– Movies for Foodies
– Health Care Options at the Movies
– My Favorite Sexy Movies
– “Borderstan Movie Fan” Tells You What to Rent
Many movies now at the local theaters have been released in time for the Oscar rather than the Christmas season, and they give little comfort to anyone looking for cheer. A lot of the films at the mall are apocalyptic, grim, and sobering. So what to rent or download for Christmas Eve? How to escape the doldrums of an empty holiday afternoon when you don’t want to undergo another movie that is so loud and so dire that it leaves you feeling hopeless?