On Saturday, December 1, Ross Elementary School will hold its annual holiday tree sale, bake sale, open house and book fair.
The one-stop holiday fundraiser starts at 10 am at the school (1730 R Street NW). Here are the details on the various events of the day:
- Holiday Tree Sale: Fresh trees and wreaths will be sold from 10 am until 4 pm. Don’t have a car to lug home your new evergreen? Ross is offering free delivery within the neighborhood on trees. Prices start at $45. The tree sale will run every Saturday and Sunday from 10 am until
4 pm, through December 16th — or until the last tree is sold.
- Holiday Bake Sale: If all of that tree shopping works up an appetite, bring your blood sugar right back up with homemade goodies from the bake sale, which will run from 9 am until 2 pm. The table will have cookies, cakes, pies and breads baked fresh by Ross community members.
- Holiday Book Fair: The book fair will start at 10 am and go through 1 pm this Saturday and again on Monday Dec. 3 from 8 am until 4 pm. The book fair will be held in the Nelick Library, located on the lower level of the school. Up to 35 percent of all in-person purchases will be donated by the vendor to Ross. If you can’t make it to the book fair this weekend, catch the online book fair through December 12. Visit www.bookwormcentral.com and enter “Ross” under Organization Code; 20 percent of online purchases will be donated to Ross.
- Ross Open House: Thinking of sending your young one to Ross? Take a tour of the school between 10 am and noon before joining in on all of the day’s other seasonal activities.
From Friends of Jack…
- First, Green Door is hosting a clothing drive on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It’s just around the corner at 1632 16th Street NW, and they are collecting everything from clothing and dishes to computers and furniture. A flyer is attached. I hope you can help out this great organization during this holiday season.
- Also, this weekend and next, Ross Elementary School is hosting their annual Christmas Tree Sale! It’s a great way to pick up a Christmas tree and support our local school. Half of the cost of the tree is tax deductible. You can pick up your tree during the day on Saturday or Sunday at Ross Elementary, on R Street between 17th & New Hampshire.