Starting this month I am reporting crime stats differently for our area:
- I am only collecting and analyzing crime stats for the new Borderstan crime area, which is larger than the old Borderstan.
- I will no longer post separate crime stats for Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307, which are roughly the Dupont Circle and Logan Circle neighborhoods, respectively.
- The old Borderstan crime area covered a circular area that radiated 1,000 feet from 15th and Corcoran Streets NW–an area that roughly went from south of P Street north to just above S Street… and from Kingman Place on the east almost to 17th Street on the west.
- The new Borderstan crime area (see map above) covers a circular area that radiates 1,500 feet from 15th and Corcoran Streets NW–an area that runs from 13th Street/Logan Circle west to New Hampshire Avenue/half way between 17th and 18th Streets… and from Rhode Island Avenue/O Street in the south to T/Caroline Streets in the north.
- The new Borderstan is still divided between PSA 208 (west of 15th) and PSA 307 (east of 15th), with a tiny sliver of PSA 305.
Note: It is easy to get crime stats for any PSA, ward or police district in the city from the MPD crime database. Likewise, you can get crime stats for any particular address or landmark designation, for a 100- to 1,500-foot radius. Another excellent source is CrimeReports, which includes MPD information and has great maps.