[wpvideo sm3idqH4]Here is a short video I shot on Sunday of Lupe playing in a park in Montgomery County. She is ball and frisbee obsessed; probably the Border Collie half of her.
The weather is really disgusting this morning. Bluh. Thus, I post a photo of a cute dog taken this past weekend: Lupe of Borderstan (yes, she’s our dog) at the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Ride on Saturday on Constitution Avenue / The National Mall. Luis has a slide show of his photos from Rolling Thunder over at One Photograph A Day.
Twitter and list-servs have been blaring the news that there is a missing puppy in Borderstan.
The puppy escaped from her collar last night, around 17th and R NW. She is a havanese puppy, weighs about 10 pounds, and is black with a white patch on her chest. If you have any information or see this lil pup, please call 202.271.7702 with information right away!
- At Shaw Dog Park, 11th and R NW. The MidCity Dog Park Committee’s monthly meetings are open to the public. Details here.
- Also, here is a YouTube video of a Border Collie and in Spain. The dog is amazing and beautiful. Luis and I are enchanted by Border Collies. Lupe (in photo at right) is half Border Collie and half Cardigan Welsh Corgi. She is 21-months old and is strongly displaying Border Collie traits: intelligent, agile, focused, energetic, playful, curious and competitive.
- Name: Juno (Juniper Thor, if you’re fancy.)
- Sex: Female
- Age: 1-1/2 years old
- Breed: Shih Chon (Bichon–Shih Tzu mix)
- My People: Courtney and Luke
- All About Me: I like everyone! I’m very friendly, and will jump on your head, especially if you are a bigger dog. And let’s face it, everyone is bigger that I am. I enjoy long walks in the park, particularly P Street for fetch and Logan Circle for socializing, taking time to sniff the roses–and everything else, including treats. Sometimes I get popcorn, but not often. I dislike bath time, the vet, brooms, skateboards, and the vacuum cleaner. I’m very cuddly, and sometimes barky, but only when I’m bored. I adore having my tummy rubbed. Other dogs, look out! I have a tendency to snuggle up to your people–I can’t help it if you get jealous!
It’s Wednesday, the middle of the work week… Tipping Point… so here’s a dog blog. There is a park and beach for dogs on the South River in Annapolis at Quiet Waters Park. Here’s a video clip of a really cute Borderstanian dog going for a swim a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon. Full disclosure: Yeah, she’s our dog and we think she’s the cutest dog in Borderstan (which is saying a lot).
PLEASE send us a photo or two of your dog and we will post them under Dog Blogging. Send your photos and a short message about your dog to [email protected]