(Corrected at 2:16 p.m.) A man was shot and injured early this morning near one of the busiest parts of the 14th Street corridor, say D.C. Police.
Police say the victim was shot while walking on the sidewalk at the 1800 block of 15th Street NW around 2:20 a.m.
Ted’s Bulletin, Doi Moi, Black Cat, Garden District and other popular 14th Street destinations lie just one block from the crime scene.
The man was taken from the scene to the hospital, but police would not release his condition or whether his injuries were life threatening.
There were no related arrests, and police have not identified any suspects related to the shooting.
On Wednesday, Bozzuto Management Company announced that District, a mixed-use seven-story apartment building at 14th and S streets NW, sold and is now leasing. Both Ted’s Bulletin and Doi Moi are slated to open on the ground-floor of the building.
Urban Turf reports that District was originally planned as condos, but ended up being smaller units: 85 percent are studios and one-bedrooms, and the remaining 15 percent are two-bedrooms. The construction on the building wrapped-up in January.
“We are pleased to soon open District, a unique and urbane residence in DC’s vital Logan Circle neighborhood,” said Julie Smith, president of Bozzuto Management Company, in a press release. “At the crossroads of luxury living and smart growth, District offers outstanding amenities and an ideal location for residents who enjoy a walkable, urban lifestyle near retail, restaurants and Metro.”
The building also includes a roof deck with an outdoor living area, outdoor bar, dining cabana, entertaining kitchen, gas grills, fire pit and water feature and underground parking.
For more information, visit District’s website.
This week, Washingtonian‘s Todd Kliman gave readers an in-depth look at a new Southeast Asian restaurant planned for 14th Street NW.
And while we think you should definitely go read all of the details in the original article, we thought we’d give you the breakdown of Kilman’s piece, so you have an idea of what to expect.
- The Name: Doi Moi.
- The Location: 1800 14th Street NW (at S Street NW).
- The Boss: Mark Kuller, the mastermind behind Proof and Estadio.
- The Food: Dishes and flavors from Vietnam and Thailand.
- The Plans: Scheduled to open early summer. The location will expand to two buildings, one of which is the old Whitman-Walker clinic. Griz Dwight of Grizform Design is designing the space.
- The Details: The restaurant is inspired by Kuller’s eating tour of Southeast Asia. He is partnering with chef Haidar Karoum for the new venture.
Stay tuned to Borderstan.com for more information.