Good morning, Borderstan. A few things from other blogs and online that caught my eye… as I sat around drinking coffee at my mom’s house.
- Free in DC has info on The Sacred Festival this Sunday to celebrate the
Summer Solstice… “Festivities from 10:30am – 7:30pm in Malcolm X/ Meridian Hill Park between 16th and 15th at Euclid and inside of the Josephine Butler Parks Center from 10:30am – 5:00pm.” The group’s Web site is Sacred DC.
- dcist has more information on the double shooting outside the Columbia Heights Metro station yesterday. CP’s City Desk blog has photos.
- The Washington City Paper has the “Young & Hungry’s 50 Best Restaurants.” The list is interesting… and I need to get out more; I won’t even tell you how many I recognize, let alone how many I have tried.
- 14th & You notes that two Borderstan establishments were in the Washington Post guide to eateries (a word I just love).
- Speaking of 14th & You, this blog’s posting earlier this week about the brouhaha over Cafe Saint-Ex on 14th Street NW– “Partner of ANC Commissioner Attempts to Scuttle Saint-Ex Agreement; Goes After Policy Employees,”–got so many comments that comments are now closed!
- The Triangle has an update on the Level Lounge, which is slated for 315 H Street NW.