Organic food, healthy lifestyle demonstrations and all-things sustainable will take over the Washington Convention Center this weekend for DC’s eighth annual Green Festival.
Here are some highlights of the Green Festival:
- Bike Valet: Arrive in style (on two wheels), park with the valet and receive free admission to the event.
- Good Food Stage: Be sure to stop by the Good Food Stage at the festival for some hands-on cooking demonstrations and workshops by local DC chefs.
- Yoga Pavilion: Feeling a little tense? Stop by the Yoga Pavilion for a few classes and demonstrations. Namaste.
- Speakers and Panels: Check the weekend’s schedule for panels, speakers and other demonstrations.
- DIY Workshops: Local experts that teach participants a variety of skills to take home.
- Green Kids Zone: The family-friendly festival includes a kids zone for the little ones that includes everything from eco-crafts to yoga, story time, trivia and more.
- Green Pet Stage: Experts offer training tips and care methods for our pets.
- Eco-Fashion Show: The fashion showcase will highlight the latest and greatest in sustainable clothing.
The festival runs from 10 am until 7 pm on Saturday, September 29, and from 11 am until 6 pm on Sunday, September 30. The Washington Convention Center is located at 801 Mount Vernon Place NW.
For more information on the Green Festival, visit the event’s website.
Kermit the Frog warned us many years ago: It’s not always easy being green. But here in Borderstan, we do a pretty great job of maintaining an eco-friendly community, thanks to several of our sustainable and environmentally focused shops, restaurants and businesses.
This year, Ford Motor Company is looking to fuel more of your sustainable, forward-thinking ideas with its Ford Community Green Grant. Local non-profits and community leaders are encouraged to submit innovative proposals for a chance to win a $5,000 grant.
The deadline for entries is September 7, 2012, and the grant winner will be announced on Sunday, September 30 (the final day of this year’s Green Festival in DC). To apply, submit your idea to communitygreengrant[AT]actionpartners.com.
This year’s Eighth Annual Green Festival runs from 10 am until 7 pm on Saturday, September 29, and from 11 am until 6 pm on Sunday, September 30 at the Washington Convention Center.
For more information on the Ford Community Green Grant and the Green Festival, visit the grant’s website.