DC Police reported a gun robbery involving three suspects wearing ski masks on the 1200 block of W Street NW shortly before midnight, Monday, January 7.
From DC Police Alerts: “ROBBERY GUN 2349 HOURS 1200 BLOCK W STREET NW LOOKOUT FOR (3) B/M’s WEARING SKI MASKS & DARK CLOTHING, LAST SEEN TOWARDS U STREET NW DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT I20130009919, Sent on: 01/08 00:18”
Police Alerts, More Information
You can sign up for alerts through Alert DC and get alerts by e-mail, cell phone, pager or wireless PDA. When signing up, you can select alerts on crime, transportation, utility outages/issues, government closings, breaking news, DC-sponsored events and Amber Alerts. You can follow the DC Police on Twitter @DCPoliceDept.
Three robberies this afternoon… two in Borderstan and one in Adams Morgan. Both robberies in Borderstan were with a gun and in the same area as a number of other armed robberies the past two weeks. The times were around 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
“Yeesh” is about all I can say.
- Police Alert-Robbery… Robbery Gun/1705hrs/1420 Swann St NW/B/M 35 YEARS OLD 5’6 5’7 WEARING BLACK SHIRT AND BLACK PANTS DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20090514366. Sent on: 09/15 17:16
- Police Alert-Robbery… Robbery Force in the 2200blk of 18Th St. NW. 1607hrs. LOF a B/M, DARK BLUE OR GREY SWEAT HOODY, 30s, DARK COMPLEXTION, BLUE JEANS, 5’8 TO 5’9, 160LBS TO 180LBS DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #i20090514248
- Police Alert-Robbery… Robbery Gun in the 1300blk of S St. NW. 1352hrs. LOF 2 B/M WHITE SHIRT BLUE JEANS DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20090514043
Borderstanians, I received this information from MPD Officers Roland Hoyle and Mike Smith, PSA 208. There have been six robberies in MPDs Second and Third Police Districts since October 16 in which the robbers have used either a shotgun or AK-47.
This was the first I had heard about these particular crimes. Have you heard anything?
Here is more information from the police:
- Description of Crimes: Since October 16, 2008, six (6) robberies involved a long gun (shotgun or AK-47) have occurred in the Second and Third districts. These robberies have occurred on weekdays only between 2325h – 0250h. The first two occurred approximately 24-hours apart on October 16-17, 2008. The next three (3) robberies occurred only hours apart on October 29-30, 2008. The most recent robbery occurred just after midnight on Monday, November 3rd.
- Description of Suspects: The suspects are described as two black males in their late teens or early 20’s, both standing approximately 6’0” and weighing 180-200 pounds. They have been consistently described as wearing dark clothing and, at times, black skull caps.
- Victimology: These robberies have been committed against both lone victims and groups of two or more victims.
- Times of Occurence: These robberies tend to occur during weekdays just before or after midnight. Furthermore, at times these robberies occur in quick succession.