BodySmith, the personal training studio located on 14th Street NW, is growing some muscle. The new space (where AYT Auto Service used to be) is scheduled to open in January.
According to Shane Beatty, marketing manager of BodySmith, the renovations are on schedule and happening quickly. In addition to changing its building on 14th Street (it’s moving a couple of buildings north), BodySmith is also working on changes to its brand.
The new space has two levels. The first level is 5,400 square feet, and will consist of lobby, personal training studio, massage and treatment rooms and a new organic juice bar. The juice bar, JuicyMax, will face the street and will have its own door, serving cold-pressed juices, coffee, tea, fruit yogurts, protein shakes and small breakfast items.
The second level of 8,000 sqaure feet, has a separate classes space and areas for spinning, boot camp and kick boxing. It will also have full free weight station, strength circuits and treadmills for cardio workouts.
The look of the gym will be an open space concept with natural light coming through the large windows with a modern, warm and welcoming feel to meet the needs of the gym’s members. Check the images in the gallery below.
Yes, it is that time of the year again. Winter has arrived and the extra pounds can start to add up — so it is time to hit the gym and forget about staying home eating and watching TV. There’s no need to cover your self with sweaters and jackets during all the winter months to hide that extra weight — keep the pounds off!
Luckily, in Borderstan we have excellent options for staying fit during the season. Around the neighborhood you can join a full-service gym or hire a personal trainer at a more specialized facility.
Not so rigorous about machines and training by yourself at the gym? There are other kinds of workouts available in the neighborhood, such as Capoeira or Cross Fit that will keep you fit while having fun.
Neghborhood Gym Options
- Vida U Street, 1612 U Street
- Vida Metropole, 1517 15th Street NW
- Body Smith Training Gym, 1622 14 Street NW(undergoing expansion)
- Jewish Community Center Fitness Center, 1529 16th Street NW
- MPH CrossFit, 1469 Church Street NW
- Body Smith Training Gym, 1622 14 Street NW
- One World Fitness, 1738 14th Street NW
- Mint Health Club, 1724 California Street NW
- FIT Personal Training Gym, 1633 Q Street, NW
- Work It! Studio, 1020 U Street NW
- Capoeira DC, 636 Florida Avenue NW
- YMCA, 1711 Rhode Island Avenue NW
- YMCA, 14th and W Streets NW (scheduled to open early 2013)
- Washington Sports Clubs, with locations at 1211 and 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW