Two new exhibits are opening this week at galleries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area:
- Long View Gallery, 1234 9th Street NW: Catch the Thursday evening opening reception for Michael Benson: “Images from… Beyond: Visions of Our Solar System.” Time is 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
- Hamiltonian Gallery, 1353 U Street NW: Catch the Saturday evening opening reception for James Rieck: “Mead Hall” and Jonathan Monaghan: “Life Tastes Good in Disco Heaven.” Time is 7 to 9 pm.
In addition, these exhibits opened in the past week:
- Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, DC Jewish Community Center, 16th & Q NW: Miriam Mörsel Nathan: “Memory of a time I did not know…”
- Transformer Gallery, 1404 P Street NW: Rebecca Key: “Archetype.”
- Project 4, 1353 U Street NW: Beau Chamberlain’s “Landmarks.”
- Gallery plan b, 1515 14th Street NW: A joint exhibit with works by Chad Andrews and Gail Vollrath: “Relative: Recent Paintings and Drawings.”
- Irvine Contemporary, 1412 14th Street NW: Phil Nesmith: “Flow” and Bruno Perillo: “Uniform.”
- Curator’s Office, 1515 14th Street NW, Suite 201: Eric Hibit’s “Picture Cohesion.”
Get the details about all the galleries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area below the fold.
Birch & Barley and ChurchKey at 1337 14th Street NW are two new additions to the 14th Street corridor of restaurants and bars. Birch & Barley offers what sounds like as a delicious menu in the high-priced range. Both of these places offer an extensive list of beers. We are still waiting to go. Let us know what you think.
Masa 14 is at 1825 14th Street NW and is another new addition to the neighborhood, offering Latin-Asian inspired cuisine in small plate offerings. Ever since its soft opening last week the place has been full every night (I walk by regularly). It is beautiful inside and I was able to photograph it last Sunday. Reservations are recommended. Again, we are still waiting to go; let us know what you think if you have already been.
Teaism at 2009 R Street NW is a favorite around the neighborhood with a nice selection of teas and wonderful food. Perfect for a weekend brunch with a great and fast service–I had a very good meal last Sunday.