You can attend the theater without ever leaving Borderstan at The JCC’s Theater J at 16th and Q Streets NW. “Honey Brown Eyes” opens October 22 and runs through November 30. Details below, from Theater J’s Web page.
- The Show: “Honey Brown Eyes”
- When: October 22 through November 30, 2008.
- Who: A World Premiere by Stefanie Zadravec; directed by Jessica Lefkow. Featuring Theater J Artistic Associate In Residence Alexander Strain (Helen Hayes Nomination for Pangs of the Messiah).
- Tickets: Information about tickets here.
- About the Performance: “Bosnia 1992. In two kitchens, two soldiers recover a little of what they’ve lost during the war. A Serbian paramilitary must face the consequences of his own brutality, while a Bosnian resistance fighter, crippled by the limits of his own courage, seeks refuge with a kindred soul. Unlikely partnerships emerge in this play of horror, humanity, and stunning relevance.”