It’s that time again… a look back before we start 2013. Like last December, we will provide you with a list of the most-read stories on Borderstan by category. Today are the Top 10 from the Business section.
The web is forever, so they say. Posted stories continue to get hits a long time after originally going up on the site. As a result, some of the most-read stories for the year were sometimes published the year before — especially if they were published late the year before (not the case with any on the following list).
Top 10 Borderstan Business Stories of 2012
These lifestyle stories were Top 10 most read last year on Borderstan.com.
- Hank’s Forced to Shut Half of Patio; Owner Seeks Community Support (Borderstan)
- Plans Unveiled for the Louis at 14th/U; Will Remake Famous Corner (Gomez and Rhoades)
- BakeHouse’s Business Plan: Do Everything Really Well (Ashley Lusk)
- Owner Christopher Torres Explains Reincarnations’ Closure (Maggie Barron)
- Atlantic Plumbing: 375 Units and 25,000 Square Feet of Retail Space (Rachel Nania)
- 14th Street: Reincarnations Furnishings Closing (Luis Gomez)
- Mila Clothing: Zoning Variance For 14th and U Street Property? (Tom Hay)
- DC Noodles Closing for 1 Year; Stem Boutique Closing Doors July 1 (Luis Gomez)
- New Dupont Development on 17th and O Starting Construction Soon (Rachel Nania)
- No Hotel for 13th and U, Project Will Be Residential Says JBG (Tom Hay)
Anyone out on 14th Street NW this past weekend surely noticed the massive construction equipment lined up between S and T Streets in front of JBG Cos.’ 125-unit District Condos project. Lining the streets for 12 hours, the equipment was used to erect the construction tower and crane for that project. (Excavation was temporarily halted in May due to some problems with soil conditions.) In an email to nearby neighbors of the construction, James Nozar, development manager for JBG, reported that excavation work on the site is complete, and that the project is on track for completion by late summer or early fall 2012.