Check out video coverage of the “Green in the Circle” from Saturday in Dupont Circle. The Earth Day activities were part of the new activities planned as part of Dupont Festival.
The mission of Dupont Festival:
Our mission is to organize and implement a wide range of outdoor and indoor activities in the greater Dupont Circle area throughout the year. To bring members of the community together and strengthen social networks. These events may include entertainment, education, business promotion, and conservation of the environment and local heritage sites.
Dupont Festival sponsors include Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 2B/Dupont Circle, Pepco, Washington Gas, Live Green, PNC Bank and Friends of the National Zoo. In addition to their website, you can find Dupont Festival on Facebook.
Video from Joel Lawson.
Borderstan.com learned that Joel Lawson resigned over the weekend as president of the Dupont Circle Citizens Association (DCCA). John Hockensmith is currently serving as Acting President. What was noteworthy is that Lawson resigned at a time when DCCA is involved in the discussions with Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 2B and businesses over the 17th Street NW Liquor License Moratorium.
Borderstan.com asked Lawson to provide a statement regarding his resignation; it follows. An email query to Hockensmith regarding Lawson’s resignation has not been answered as of this time.
Note: If you are wondering, What’s this 17th Street-liquor-license-moratorium-brouhaha all about?… check out the links at the bottom of this posting (following Lawson’s statement) for more information.
Statement by Joel Lawson:
News from Joel Lawson, president of the Dupont Circle Citizens Association (DCCA):
- What: DCCA is sponsoring, “DC’s Financial State: Discussion with Dr. Natwar Gandhi and Councilmember Jack Evans (D-Ward 2).” A discussion of the city’s financial portrait and projections as it navigates the current economic crisis.
- When: Monday, November 3 at 7 p.m.
- Where: German Historical Institute, 1607 New Hampshire Avenue NW.
- Who: Dr. Natwar Gandhi, DC Chief Financial Officer; Jack Evans, DC Council Finance Committee Chair.
- More Information: Email Joel Lawson or call him at (202) 215-7809.