The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) is hosting a retirement party for Lt. Michael A. Smith, PSA 307. The party is Saturday, November 8, at 8 p.m., at the Ronald Reagan Building at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW. Lt. Smith his well known in the Logan Circle area and many Borderstanians have met him over the years; East Borderstan is part of PSA 307.
Cost is $35, which goes toward covering the event’s cost. Because this is a pre-paid event, reservations must be purchased in advance and payment received no later than November 3, 2008. We will add your name to the list and you can check-in at the door. Click here for the online sign-up and payment form.
From Logan Circle News:
Please join us as we celebrate Lt. Michael A. Smith’s retirement and honor his many years of service to the Logan Circle community and to the District of Columbia. For the few of you who don’t know him (or have his cell phone on your speed dial), Mike is a 27-year veteran of the Metropolitan Police Department. He is virtually unparalleled as a tireless, effective and dedicated officer. As former Chief Ramsey said of him in testimony before the D.C. City Council, “If I had 10 more like him, I wouldn’t need to increase the size of the MPD.”
More details and party sign-up form here at Logan Circle News.
- November 8, 2008, from 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (map).
- Cost: $35/person; Light appetizers served, cash bar.
- Because this is a pre-paid event, reservations must be purchased in advance and payment received no later than November 3, 2008. We will add your name to the list and you can check-in at the door. Click here for the online sign-up and payment form.
- Parking is $10 at the Ronald Reagan Building. It is also Metro accessible.
- Government issued ID is required.
December 7, 2008 – 30th Annual House Tour
LCCA invites you to attend its 30th annual Logan Circle Holiday House Tour on Sunday, December 7, 2008, from 1 to 5 p.m. The self-guided tour concludes with a Wassail reception from 3 until 5:30 p.m. This year we’re featuring East Logan, with special emphasis on the history of residential and commercial alley life in Logan’s own Naylor Court and Blagden Alley. For a brief history, click here. For more general information on the alleys and stables of Washington, D.C., click here. For more information, or to volunteer, please email the house tour committee.
The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) is holding its annual membership drive. If you live east of 15th Street NW in Borderstan, you are “officially” (according to the city) part of the Logan Circle neighborhood. However, Borderstanians west of 15th are welcome to join, too. From the LCCA news blog:
Dear Neighbor: The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) cordially invites you to join us for another year. We appreciate your past support. Your financial support is vital – it enables us to address community issues while providing opportunities to meet your neighbors through social activities and community events.
LCCA Contact Information
- Meeting and Candidates Forum on October 15: Please join the Logan Circle Community Association for its October meeting and candidates forum on October 15, 2008 from 7-10 p.m. at the Washington Plaza Hotel. We will host candidates for At-Large and Ward council positions, as well as ANC2F candidates. Candidates who have already confirmed include Ward 2 Candidate Jack Evans, At-Large Candidates Carol Schwartz, Patrick Mara, and David Schwartzman, and nearly all of the ANC2F candidates. We are very excited for this event and hopeful for a great turnout. The format will allow each candidate to provide an opening statement followed by a question and answer period. To ensure we are as efficient as possible, we are encouraging you to email us questions in advance.
- LCCA Board Elections in November: Also, LCCA’s annual board elections will be held in November, and we have several seats up for reelection, including Vice President, Recording Secretary, and several at-large positions. If you are interested in running, please send us an email. Nominations will be held at the October 15 meeting.
- Lt. Michael Smith’s Retirement Party, November 8: Please mark your calendars for Saturday, November 8 for Lt. Michael Smith’s retirement party to be held at the Ronald Regain Center at 13th and Pennsylvania NW from 8 p.m. to midnight. We will be sending formal details in the next few days, but we hope that you will all consider coming out to honor and celebrate Lt. Smith and the amazing contributions he’s made to Logan Circle and the District over the past three decades.
- Annual Awards Dinner on November 20: Our annual November awards dinner will be November 20 at the Washington Plaza Hotel at 10 Thomas Circle.
LCCA Contact Information