If you don’t find yourself in a debilitating food coma after Thanksgiving this year, head out to these Borderstan area bars to ward off the effects of tryptophan:
- Okay, this is actually pre-Thanksgiving, but on WEDNESDAY night, Cobalt (1639 R Street NW) is hosting their annual Thanksgiving Eve Throwdown, beginning at 10 pm with DJ Sean Morris spinning all night.
- Bistro du Coin (1738 Connecticut Avenue NW): Open in the evening ’till close. Stop by for a glass of beaujolais and things may just get crazy.
- Duffy’s Irish Pub (2106 Vermont Avenue NW): Thanksgiving Beerfest, open at noon for Packers vs. Lions game and going all night. The kitchen will be closed, but there will be free bratwurst during the first half of the game when you order a beer.
- Black Squirrel (2427 18th Street NW): A Very Black Squirrel Thanksgiving Buffet beginning at 6:30 pm, The Squirrel is serving up a full Thanksgiving buffet for $5 as a “thank you” to their customers. Wash it down with a pumpkin beer. More info here so you can get your fourth-meal on.
- U Street Music Hall (1115A U Street NW): Give thanks for MOOMBAHTON and dance off Thanksgiving dinner. UHall’s epic Moombahton Massive IX is Thanksgiving night, featuring Nadastrom’s EP release party, Sabo and Jen Lasher. Doors at 9 pm. $6 advance ticket/$8 at the door.
- Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW): We hear that the Red Room will be open around 9 pm for a chill evening. King Louie’s Missing Monuments is also performing with Thee Lolitas at 8:30 pm. More info here.
Prefer to Stay Home?
- Pick up dessert in advance from Cork Market (1805 14th Street NW) and hang out on the couch in your elastic waist pants. They’re offering all sorts of yummy sides, desserts and platters to fill out your turkey dinner. Menu and more info here.
- Check out The Lebodome’s picks for watching football, basketball and hockey this weekend.
- And finally, may I also suggest watching “Home Alone” (the original, of course) on the couch… a personal favorite post-Thanksgiving tradition.
What are your Thanksgiving After Party plans? Any bars open that we missed? LET US KNOW and we’ll add ’em in.
Happy Thanksgiving, Borderstan. Enjoy the turkey!