MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!! Welcome back, barbecues, sparking wine, summer-y beers, white dresses, humidity, DC summer sweaty lower back…you get the picture. Here’s your guide to local eating, drinking, museum-ing, and partying all weekend long:
Friday, May 27
- Run breezily out of work — early if you can swing it–and celebrate the long weekend at the first Jazz in the Garden of summer 2011 at the National Gallery of Art sculpture garden. Pro tip: get there early and be prepared with a blanket, wine, and snacks. Sangria is also available for sale but a DIY picnic is part of the fun.
- Later in the evening, the Liberation Dance Party at DC9 will be in full swing. Doors open at 9 pm, rail open bar from 9 to 10:30, $7 cover.
- Or, party-hop and swing by BYT’s vitaminwater uncapped LIVE (it’s still going strong throughout the month of June after the kickoff blowout last weekend) where you can check out the art on display, enjoy a cocktail, and dance the night away listening to Project Jenny/Project Jan, Sugarplums, and Lipstick DJs.
- Saturday: United House of Prayer for All People Memorial Day Parade.
- Sunday: Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Ride.
- Monday: National Memorial Day Parade