The local pizza chain informed community members at the ANC 1A meeting last night that they plan to open the restaurant at the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza, wrote ANC 1A Commissioner Kent Boese on his local blog Park View, D.C.
The restaurant would take the place of the former Museum of Unnatural History at 3333 14th Street NW, and would likely have room for 40-60 people with indoor and outdoor seating, Boese reported.
The eatery has not yet filed for a liquor license, but Boese said that an &Pizza rep indicated the company planned to open its new location within the first few months of 2016.
Representatives for the chain could not be reached immediately to comment on the planned location.
Happy early spring, Borderstan! The Cherry Blossoms are expected to open soon and so are some of the neighborhood’s most anticipated restaurants. Eater DC’s most recent list of spring restaurant openings includes several within the bounds of Borderstan.
Here’s what you can expect to see — and taste — this season:
- Le Diplomate, 1601 14th Street NW: The 260-seat French restaurant from Stephen Starr will serve brunch, lunch and dinner and will have patio seating at 14th and Q Streets NW for the promise of warmer days ahead.
- B Too, 1324 14th Street NW: Top Chef contestant Bart Vandaele is opening this 4,800 square-foot Belgian eatery and plans to serve classic and modern Belgian dishes, some of which will be cooked in the city’s only Josper.
- Doi Moi, 1800 14th Street NW: Mark Kuller, the mastermind behind Proof and Estadio, plans to open Doi Moi in late spring/early summer and serve dishes and flavors from Vietnam and Thailand.
- GBD (Golden Brown Delicious), 1323 Connecticut Avenue NW: From Birch and Barley’s Kyle Bailey and Tiffany MacIssac, GBD will serve doughnuts and coffee in the morning, fried chicken for lunch and appetizers and small plates in the evening. Oh, and the Dupont Circle restaurant will also have beer from DC sud expert Greg Engert.
- Ghibellina, 1610 14th Street NW: This Italian restaurant is the former home of HR-57, a famous DC jazz club. The restaurant, which is being restored back to mid-century condition, will feature Tuscan “gastropub” dishes.
- Iron Gate, 1734 N Street NW: Eater DC reports this Dupont Circle restaurant from Neighborhood Restaurant Group will serve Italian- and Greek-inspired dishes.
- Kapnos and G, 2201 14th Street NW: Mike Isabella is coming to the neighborhood with his Greek restaurant, Kapnos, and a more casual sandwich shop, G. Together, the two eateries will occupy 7,000 square feet on 14th Street NW.
- Mockingbird Hill, 1843 7th Street NW: Expect to see Spanish tapas and wines at this Shaw restaurant from Derek Brown. The 1,110 square-foot location at 1843 7th Street NW will seat 40 and will serve-up small bites, such as ham, olives and more than 50 varieties of sherries.