Two juvenile males were arrested for the two 16th Street gun crimes that occurred on Sunday, August 9, and Monday, August 10, according to Diane Groomes, MPD Assistant Chief of Police for patrol operations. They have been charged as adults and detained.
The pair are charged with a Sunday scooter jacking (1:30 p.m.) and a Monday armed robbery (1:40 p.m.). Groomes told us that the pair were arrested in the 400-block of Q Street NW. Both of the Borderstan crimes took place on the 1700-block of 16th Street NW, a heavily traveled street with pedestrians, buses and cars between R and S Streets.
Groomes said the police are looking at the pair for other robberies. She also said that there is no additional information at this time about the armed robbery that occurred last night at 14th and P Streets NW.
- Stolen auto:
- 14TH ST NW & R ST NW. Crime reported during the Evening (3 p.m. to 11 p.m.) shift on April 5, 2009.
- 15TH ST NW & SWANN ST NW: Crime reported on April 6, 2009.
- Theft from auto:
- 1400 block of RHODE ISLAND AVE NW: Crime reported on April 5, 2009.
- 1400 block of RHODE ISLAND AVE NW: Crime reported during the Day (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) shift on April 4, 2009.
- 1400 block of P ST NW: Crime reported during the Evening (3 p.m. to 11 p.m.) shift on April 4, 2009.
PSA : 208
CCN : 09029468
RPT DATE : Mar 5 2009 12:00AM
SHIFT : EVN
OFFENSE : Robbery
METHOD : Knife
BLOCK : 19TH ST NW & CORCORAN ST NW
LOCATION : Sidewalk
START DT : 03/04/2009
START TM : 22:16:00
END DT : 03/04/2009
END TM : 22:20:00