“As Seen On TV” is at gallery plan b, 1530 14th Street NW. Two days only: “An exhibition of 30 pieces of original artwork by local artists featured on a Reality TV show recently filmed in DC, and now available for viewing and purchase!” A Saturday evening reception with the artists is planned.
Dana Ellyn and Matt Sesow will get married at the Friday opening of their exhibition (yes, really), “Till Death Do Us Part,” at LongView Gallery, 1234 9th Street NW: “Where do two artists meet and fall in love? (more…)
Happy Friday morning, Borderstan. A few news items… some news bits… happenings this weekend. So, read this posting and then turn off your computer and go enjoy the fall weekend. See you Monday.
- There was a gun robbery t 11:40 p.m. last night on the 1500-block of U Street NW. Here is the Police Alert: “Robbery (Gun)_2340 hours_1500 Block U Street, NW_No lookout given DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #i20090562310. Sent on: 10/08 23:56″
- The Humane Society Walk for the Animals is tomorrow (Saturday the 10th)… 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Constitution Gardens on the National Mall.
- The National Equality March events are this weekend, ending with a rally at the U.S. Capitol around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- On Monday I will have some Crimes of Note for the past couple of weeks… along with a look at crime stats for September for the Borderstan area.
- Cast members of the Real World DC (which is packing up and leaving town after finishing filming) had some of their individual works displayed last night at gallery plan b on 14th Street NW. I wanted to go to last night’s one-night exhibition, but work called (you know, the stuff that pays bills).
- If you missed the second Delhi Dispatch, it’s an interesting read: “Delhi Dispatches: Commuting with Cobras, Deities and Dust.” The contributor is an ex-Borderstanian and a friend and neighbor.
- NBC Channel 4 picked up the story of the “Men’s Parties” death at 14th and Corcoran NW. The Sexist at Washington City Paper summarizes the police crime report for you. 14th & You has a good posting, too: Is the city trying to shut down the club?
- Don’t forget Luis’ picks for stuff to do this weekend in Borderstan and around town, including some restaurant recommendations: “Borderstan Weekend October 10/11.”
- 14th & You has some very good postings on businesses coming and going on the 14th Street corridor: “Update: “Green Pets” Relocation Moving Forward” and “Latest on Birch & Barley; Diamond District Seafood coming soon.”
- If you’re going to see what’s in your Netflix movie queue, plan to watch something on-demand or are head to the video store (if you can still find one!)… check in with Mary the Borderstan Movie Fan: “Borderstan Movie Fan: Health Care Options at the Movies” or check out some of her other recommendations for food movies or sexy movies.