The D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation wants locals to stay cool this week.
The department yesterday declared it was delaying the closure of its spray parks through the end of the week due to forecasted high heat and humidity.
The parks, which were originally scheduled to close for the season on Labor Day, will stay open until Sept. 13 at 7 p.m.
Here’s a list of spray parks in the Wards 1 and 2:
- 14th and Girard Street Spray Park (14th and Girard St. NW)
- 4th and Park Road Spray Park (14th St. and Park Rd. NW)
- Columbia Heights Spray Park (1480 Girard St. NW)
- Harrison Spray Park (1330 V St. NW)
- Westminster Spray Park (911 Westminster St. NW)
- Stead Recreaction Center. Spray Park (1625 P St. NW)
Photo via Facebook / DCPR