Registration ends at 6 pm today for the 2010 Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure®, the 21st annual running of the Komen Race for the Cure of breast cancer in Washington, D.C. The race is tomorrow, Saturday, June 5. You can register at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue NW.
For more information, call 703-416-RACE (7223) or visit the Race website.
June 5: Race Day Overview
- 6:30 am – Breakfast for Breast Cancer Survivors
- 7:30 am – Opening Ceremony Begins
- 7:35 am – Parade of Pink (survivor parade and international procession)
- 7:40 am – Country Singer Candy Coburn Performs “Pink Warrior”
- 7:45 am – Remarks by Komen Founder and CEO, Ambassador Nancy G. Brinker
- 7:48 am – Remarks by Dr. Jill Biden, Wife of Vice President Joe Biden
- 7:55 am – Candy Coburn Performs Second Song
- 7:57 am – Stretching led by Celebrity Fitness Trainer Holly Perkins
- 8:00 am – Runner’s Start
- 8:15 am – Walker’s Start
This is this weekend: Saturday, on June 6: The Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure, on The National Mall. Details follow. This is a worthy cause: the fight against breast cancer. (more…)