This holiday season, AT&T is partnering with the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) to make sure the roads are safe for everyone.
The two groups are launching the SoberRide initiative, starting this Friday night (December 14) and going through New Year’s Day.
SoberRide will offer free rides to those in the greater DC area who have had a little too much holiday cheer. AT&T customers can call #WRAP to get a safe, free ride home, while others can dial 800-200-8294 (TAXI).
Remember, Grandma got run over by a reindeer, not a Range Rover. Stay safe, Borderstan!
The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) is offering one of its SoberRide programs for Saint Patrick’s Day weekend. The hours are Saturday, March 17, from 6 pm to 6 am on Sunday, March 18. To receive a free cab ride home (up to a $30 fare), please call 800-200-8294 (TAXI). Please refer to the SoberRide information listed below for important details concerning this program. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
Important notes: All requests for SoberRide service must be called to and dispatched from 1-800-200-8294. Do not call a taxi company directly for SoberRide service as the ride will not be covered under this program. When waiting for a SoberRide, please watch for a cab from the participating taxi company in the area from which you are calling (list below).
- WRAP’s SoberRide provides a free cab ride home up to a $30 fare. Callers are financially responsible for anything over $30.
- You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
- All calls must originate in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland; the Cities of Rockville, Bowie, College Park, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt and Takoma Park in Maryland; the District of Columbia; Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and Eastern Loudoun Counties in Virginia; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park in Virginia.
- You cannot reserve a SoberRide or schedule a pickup in advance. To receive a ride, you must call 1-800-200-8294 (TAXI) during the program hours. A SoberRide call operator will direct your request to the correct participating cab company.
Participating Taxi Companies
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Manassas Cab Company (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)
Be Safe and Be Smart, Borderstanis. If you are out and about for New Year’s Eve, please drink responsibly and remember, you can get free taxi rides.
The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) is offering free taxi rides — the program began December 16 — up to $30 through January 1.
Details from WRAP
“WRAP’s 2011 Holiday SoberRide program will be offered nightly from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am beginning Friday, December 16, 2011 and running until January 1, 2012. To receive a free cab ride home (up to a $30.00 fare), please call 800-200-8294 (TAXI) or #8294 (TAXI) on your AT&T wireless phone. Please refer to the SoberRide information listed below for important details concerning this program. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
“Important note: All requests for SoberRide service must be called to and dispatched from 1-800-200-8294. Do not call a taxi company directly for SoberRide service as the ride will not be covered under this program.”
Uber Car Service
Another option is to sign up for Uber, a car service that will basically make you look like a baller to all your friends and get you home safely. Whatever you do, please don’t drink and drive Borderstanis!