The Democratic presidential debates are finally upon us, which means it’s also time for our obligatory “here’s where to see those dang debates” post.
But who’s debating, anyway? Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, of course, but also Martin O’Malley, Jim Webb and some guy named Lincoln Chafee.
Here are some options of where you can go to eat/drink during the debates:
U Street or Nearby
- DC Young Democrats will host a watch party at Local 16 (1602 U St. NW).
- Martin O’Malley’s team will watch the debate in the blue sky room at Stetson’s (1610 U St. NW)
- Duffy’s (2106 Vermont Ave. NW) will “invite folks to yell at each other tonight” with drink specials until close.
- The bartenders at Sudhouse (1340 U St. NW) will sling a “debate special” tonight: 16 ounces of Angry Orchard cider and a Fireball shot for $8.
- Mad Hatter (1319 Connecticut Ave. NW) will host debate bingo.
- Number Nine (1435 P St. NW) will host its own watch party. Hecklers, here’s your spot.
- Does Bernie strike you as a Veranda (1100 P St. NW) guy? That’s where his watch party will be.
- Ventnor Sports Cafe (2411 18th St. NW) will show the debates on 40 screens.
- Mellow Mushroom (2436 18th St. NW) will screen the debates with sound via an HD projector.
- Hillary For America will cheer on the candidate at Blackfinn (1620 I St. NW).
- Claudia’s Steakhouse (1501 K St. NW) will “smell like freedom” during its watch party tonight.
Park View and Petworth
- Looking Glass Lounge (3634 Georgia Ave. NW) will screen the debates after its normal trivia night.
Know of another place showing the debates? Let us know and we’ll add it to this post.