From Tom Hay
Renovations are underway at the Logan Circle Whole Foods Market at 1440 P Street NW. Construction is expected to be complete in November 2010. The most noticeable change will be the addition of a mezzanine level-cafe that overlooks the produce section. Check the store’s Facebook page for drawings of the cafe and other changes.
According to signs posted inside and outside the store, improvements include:
- A mezzanine level cafe overlooking the produce department
- Updated and expanded Wine & Beer Department
- Updated Bakery Department
- Four new Salad and Hot Bar Stations
- New Soup & Chowder Bar with a Rotisserie Chicken Rack
- Artisanal Pizza Oven
- Updated and Expanded Cash Registers
- The garage will be switched to one entrance and one exit for parking. The bottom level of the garage will be closed.
- At times “tunnels” will be used to guide you safely from one side of the store to the other.
- Only one elevator may be operational at times.
- Some items may not be displayed in their usual location.
- Currently the public restrooms are closed for renovation as well.
Tom Hay is a new contributor to Borderstan. He is a 23-year Borderstan resident and law librarian by profession.
Good news… I got emails this morning as well as this comment on an earlier posting about Molly the Stolen Dog (below). As best I can tell, Molly was found in DC’s Cleveland Park neighborhood. She was taken from in front of the Whole Foods on the 1400-block of P Street NW on June 29.
Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that Molly was returned safe and sound by MPD officers last night! Many, many thanks for posting this here and to everyone for keeping an eye out and hoping for her safe return. This happy ending is most certainly thanks to such impressive efforts to get the word out! There is an ongoing criminal investigation, so unfortunately I’m unable to provide details as to how the police located Molly and the woman who took her.