The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) is offering one of its SoberRide programs for Saint Patrick’s Day weekend. The hours are Saturday, March 17, from 6 pm to 6 am on Sunday, March 18. To receive a free cab ride home (up to a $30 fare), please call 800-200-8294 (TAXI). Please refer to the SoberRide information listed below for important details concerning this program. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
Important notes: All requests for SoberRide service must be called to and dispatched from 1-800-200-8294. Do not call a taxi company directly for SoberRide service as the ride will not be covered under this program. When waiting for a SoberRide, please watch for a cab from the participating taxi company in the area from which you are calling (list below).
- WRAP’s SoberRide provides a free cab ride home up to a $30 fare. Callers are financially responsible for anything over $30.
- You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
- All calls must originate in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland; the Cities of Rockville, Bowie, College Park, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt and Takoma Park in Maryland; the District of Columbia; Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and Eastern Loudoun Counties in Virginia; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park in Virginia.
- You cannot reserve a SoberRide or schedule a pickup in advance. To receive a ride, you must call 1-800-200-8294 (TAXI) during the program hours. A SoberRide call operator will direct your request to the correct participating cab company.
Participating Taxi Companies
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Manassas Cab Company (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)